A business which is known for preparing food and drinks to be served to customers in return for monetary payment is classified as a restaurant. Occasionally a restaurant will either collect payment before the food is prepared, after preparing the meal or on opening a bill to be satisfied upon the customer finishing the meal. Some restaurants will allow the meals served to be eaten on the premises, while others have been known to offer what is known as a take – out and delivery service where the customer will have the option take the food purchased with them, or have it delivered to their choice of location. Most restaurants will vary in both their appearance and the types of service offered, and will often include a wide assortment of main cook cuisines and model services.
Facts About Restaurants
- There are several methods which can be used to aptly distinguish a type of restaurant. The first and most effective way is by the type of foods offered by the restaurant, for example steak vegetarian or seafood as well as the cultural dishes prepared which can be either Italian Chinese, French, Jamaican, Indian or Japanese among many others. The style of presenting the food can be additionally used to distinguish the type of restaurant, such as a yum cha restaurant, a tastet restaurant, a sushi train, buffet or a buffet restaurant. Nonetheless a restaurant may choose to distinguish itself based on a number of other factors which may include the quickness in preparation of the food as seen with many of the fast food restaurants today; the dress code required when dining in; where the restaurant is located, and the the quality of service. Some restaurants have even been known to differentiate themselves according to the novelty and theme used. Such a restaurant is generally referred to as a theme restaurant and is known to primarily use the concept of the restaurant to influence the architecture, music, the overall atmosphere and even the types of food served.
- It was not until during the mid to late 1930’s that chains of tiki bars known for serving elaborate cocktails were first opened in the United States.
- A restaurant can range in its prices from a formal and inexpensive restaurant offering lunch or dining catering to people working within a close proximity by serving affordable food in a simple setting, to the much more elaborate and expensive establishment known for serving delicate cuisines with fine wines in a form-only setting often requiring the customer to dress wearing casual clothing.
- Persons traveling by ship or train in recent times have been catered for by traveling restaurants seen in in the form of a railway restaurant car and ship’s messes. A large number of railway stations today are also known for catering to the travelers needs by offering Railway Refreshment Rooms as a type of restaurant located at the railway station. Noticeably this has become an increasing trend to include such traveling restaurants in diverse places such as on boats, trams or even busses as a primarily means to facilitate the needs of the tourist.
- The restauranteur is generally seen as the proprietor of the restaurant. The word restauranteur is loaned from the French word restaurer which when translated in English means “to restore”. The professional cook within the restaurant is generally regarded as chef and is often distinguished according to their responsibilities such as a Chef de partie who is the “station chef” or “line cook” and the Sous – chef who is the second in command and the direct assistant to the Chef de cuisine or master chef. Contrary to the traditional fast food restaurant, many of the restaurants today will include various types of waiting staff for the customer. Such will include a host or hostess, or a maître d’hôtel, a busboy and sommelier as seen in most of the finer dining restaurants.
- Throughout weston ancient history although inns and taverns were mainly used for serving travelers, local residents would seldom eat there. And it was not until 1765 that the modern idea of the restaurant establishment made its appearance in Paris when Boulanger began selling “restaurants” and other types of food.
- Establishments providing meals without offering lodging to the customers did not appear within the United Stated until the late 18th And were later recognized in several of the major metropolitan regions as oyster and coffee houses. Before they were referred to as restaurants, many of these coffee and oyster houses were commonly referred to in the state of New York as eating houses, and victualing houses throughout Boston and many of the other metropolitan areas across the United States.
- Many of the restaurants today operate as small businesses, and as such franchise restaurants are not uncommon. There is generally by comparison a large immigrant representation, which indicates a reasonably low start – up cost for the restaurant industry and ethnical value of food. And it is this affordability and importance which makes restaurant ownership one of the preferred options for immigrants with limited resources.
Restaurant Web cams
The Deventer Schouwburg Theatre Restaurant Web cam
The Deventer Schouwburg Theatre located in the Netherlands is worldwide renown for their amazing parties conferences, artistic attractions and a range of other events. Offering a pleasant atmosphere the Deventer Schouwburg Theatre has been a preferred location for many persons to enjoy an entertaining evening with friends to have a couple of drinks and a delicious meal.
Jines Restaurant Web cam
Located on the historic Park Avenue of Rochester, New Your, United States, Jines Restaurant offers customers a high quality of food and service with a great selection of wine and draft beer in a comfortable atmosphere.
View Jines Restaurant Web cam.
Stanley’s Restaurant Web cam
Located at 547 Saint Ann Street, New Orleans, LA, United States, Stanley’s Restaurant is widely known as a mainstay for America’s Best Pancakes according to the April 2014 issue of the Travel and Leisure magazine. Fittingly located on the historic Jackson Square and popular for serving their classic scrambled eggs, smoked bacon creole potatoes and whole wheat toast in a colorful yet relaxing atmosphere the restaurant features a live restaurant cam allowing viewers a peek by watching customers having a root beer float or enjoying a burger.
WEB CAMERAS ONLINE TAGS
- restaurant cams
- restaurant webcams